- 19.04.2013Sale of Banco Gallego, S.A.
- 22.03.2013Press release disclosing the resolutions adopted in the FROB Steering Committee.
- 15.03.2013FROB relieved of its duties as provisional administrator of Banco de Valencia.
- 12.03.2013FROB injects capital into BMN, Liberbank and Banco Grupo Caja 3.
- 04.03.2013Catalunya Banc sale suspended
- 08.02.2013Determination of the valuation of Banco CEISS, Liberbank, Banco Grupo Caja 3, BMN and Banco Gallego.
- 13.12.2012Sareb increases capital to allow private investors to take a stake.
- 27.11.2012Sale of Banco de Valencia.
- 27.11.2012Approval of the plans for the banks in which the FROB has a majority stake.
- 16.11.2012Resumption of the processes for the sale of Banco de Valencia and Catalunya Banc.
- 16.11.2012Asset Management Company for Assets Arising from Bank Restructuring (Sareb) Blueprint.
- 16.11.2012Belén Romana to be Chairwoman of Sareb, and Walter de Luna General Manager
- 29.10.2012Presentation to the Asset Management Company for Assets Arising from Bank Restructuring (Sareb)
- 12.09.2012Increase of €6 billion in the endowment assigned to the FROB
The Governing Committee of the Fund for the Orderly Reconstruction of the Banking Sector (FROB) has approved the annual accounts for 2011. The annual accounts approved give in all respects a true and fair view of the equity and the financial position of the FROB as at 31 December 2011.
In 2011 the FROB posted negative results of the order of €10.56 billion as a consequence of the extensive clean-up process it pursued, following maximum prudence criteria. In turn, this process gave rise to negative net worth of €1.86 billion at the close of the year.
However, Royal Decree-Law 2/2012 of 3 February 2012 increases the FROB's initial capital endowment by €6 billion with a charge to the State Budget, restoring its equity.
- 27.07.2012Formal disposal of the FROB´s stake in Unnim Banc to Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
- 06.07.2012The FROB reorganizes to face the new steps in the restructuring of the Spanish banking system.
- 25.06.2012Reorganisation of Banco de Valencia management team
- 21.06.2012Temporary postponement of the sale of Catalunya Banc and Banco de Valencia
- 14.06.2012Restructuring processes conducted by the FROB
- 01.06.2012Acquisition of Banco CAM by Banco Sabadell
- 14.05.2012The Governing Committee of the FROB has requested the conversion of the preference shares issued by BFA into ordinary shares of that entity
- 12.04.2012The Governing Committee of the FROB has approved the start of the process to sell its stake in Catalunya Banc and the initial plan for the restructuring of banco de Valencia
- 21.11.2011The Executive Commission of the Banco de España has appointed the FROB to interim administrator of Banco de Valencia.
- 13.10.2011FROB has launched successfully a new €1.4bn benchmark issue.
- 30.09.2011The Governing Committe of the FROB approves three recapitalization processes
- 22.07.2011The Executive Commission of the Banco de España has appointed the FROB to interim administrator of CAM and Banco CAM
- 12.07.2011 The FROB approves the recapitalization processes framework.
- 06.07.2011 Yerterday FROB launched successfully a new €1.75bn benchmark issue.
- 01.06.2011 The Governing Committe of the FROB has approved the FROB´s financial statements for 2010.
- 31.05.2011 The Governing Committe of the FROB has agreed to release the paper on the methodology and procedures to determine the economic value of credit entities.
- 15.04.2011 The Governing Committe of the FROB agrees to support the recapitalization strategies.
- 19.02.2011 Today it has been published the Royal Decree-law, February 18th, for the financial system reinforcement.
- 27.01.2011 Today FROB has launched successfully a new €3bn benchmark issue.
- 01.01.2011 The transfer of the whole assets and liabilities of CajaSur to BBK Bank has been effective today.
- 22.12.2010 The FROB Governing Committee has decided to grant financial support to the integration process involving Cajasol and Banca Cívica.
- 27.07.2010 The FROB extends and amends its action framework concerning the integration of credit institutions, for the second half of 2010
- 23.07.2010 The European Commission approves the extension till Dec 31st of the Spanish recapitalization scheme for credit institutions
- 16.07.2010The FROB Governing Committee, in its meeting on July 15th 2010, has drawn up the Restructuring Plan for CajaSur
- 30.06.2010Banco de España´s report on the restructuring of Spanish savings
- 29.06.2010In today´s meeting, the FROB Governing Committee has decided to give financial support to four integration processes among credit entities, once the integration plans have been approved by the Banco de España. As is required, this decision will be communicated to the European Commission and to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Finance of
the Spanish Government before its execution.
- 22.05.2010The Executive Commission of the Banco de España has appointed the FROB to interim administrator of Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Córdoba (CajaSur)
- 13.04.2010It has been published (BOE 13.04.2010) the Royal Decree-law 6/2010 that modifies, among others, some aspects of the Royal Decree-law 9/2009 on bank restructuring and credit institution equity reinforcement.
- 25.03.2010In today´s meeting, the FROB Governing Committee has decided to give financial support to three integration processes among credit entities, once the integration plans have been approved by the Banco de España. As is required, this decision will be communicated to the European Commission and to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Finance of the Spanish Government before its execution .
- 25.03.2010The Governing Committee has aproved the FROB´s financial statements for 2009 .
- 01.03.2010 The European Commission, following the consultative period, has released the full text of the Decision reached on January 28th 2010 which considers the Spanish recapitalization scheme for credit institutions compatible with the internal market. Consequently, the Committee has decided not to raise objections.
- 29.01.2010 The Governing Committee approves the criteria that will govern the integration processes.
- 28.01.2010 The European Commission approves Spanish recapitalization scheme for credit institutions.