The Fund for the Orderly Restructuring of the Banking Sector will be governed and administered by a Governing Committee consisting of nine members:
- Four members designated by the Banco de España, one of whom will be the Deputy Governor, who will act as Chairman of the Governing Committee.
- The Secretary General of the Treasury and Financial Policy, who will act as Vice-Chairman of the Governing Committee and replace the Chairman in his functions in the event of vacancy, absence or illness.
- The State Secretary for Economic Affairs and Competitiveness.
- The Chairman of the Instituto de Contabilidad y Auditoría de Cuentas (Institute of Accounts and Accounts Auditing).
- The Director General for Economic Policy
- The Director General for Budgeting
Also attending the Governing Committee meetings, with the right to speak but not to vote, will be a representative designated by the Auditor General and another by the Attorney General – Director of the State Legal Service.
Composition of the Governing Committee
The Governing Committee of the Fund for the Orderly Restructuring of the Banking Sector is made up of:
- The Chairman: Fernando Restoy Lozano, Deputy Governor of the Banco de España
- Vice-Chairman: Íñigo Fernández de Mesa Vargas, Secretary General of the Treasury and Financial Policy
- Ramón Quintana Aguirre, Director General of Banking Supervision, Banco de España
- Francisco Javier Priego Pérez, General Secretary of the Banco de España
- José Mª Roldán Alegre, Director General Regulation, Banco de España
- Miguel Temboury Redondo, State Secretary for Economic Affairs and Competitiveness
- Ana Mª Martínez-Pina García, President of the Institute of Accounting and Accounts Auditing
- Ignacio Mezquita Pérez de Andújar, Director General for Economic Policy
- Jaime Iglesias Quintana, Director General for Budgeting
Other persons entitled to attend meetings:
- Elena Rodríguez Raso, representative of the Auditor General
- Gloria Calvo Díaz, representative of the Attorney General - Director of the State Legal Service
The functions of Secretary to the Governing Committee are performed by Alfonso Cárcamo Gil, Director of Legal Advice of the FROB.